Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to perform mutiplication/division of two data streams

vx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

I think this is a very basic question, but I'm new to Alteryx and somehow I can't figure it out.

I want to do the following; take data stream A which has the form (it's coming from a summarize)

Table A

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team112...3
(...)...........
Team N58...10

then take data stream B, which has exactly the same form, but with different numbers

Team B

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team156...7
(...)...........
Team N103...4

I want to create an output (Table C), which will have the same shape, but where the values are the RATIO of the two tables

Table C

Teamq1q2(...)qN
Team11/52/6...3/7
(...)........3
Team N5/108/3...10/4

This seems like something that would be easy to do in Excel, but this will be part of a larger workflow in Alteryx...

Note1: I know I could use Summarize if I wanted to take the sum, but I'm interested in the ratio of the two, and also eventually the difference.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've attached one option you could use. This transforms the table data to perform the operation, then transforms the resulting data back to the original structure.

vx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Charlie,

That works great, thank you!

Best,

Vincent

JakeHeisman
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie, 

I am trying to find a similar solution, but Alteryx cannot open the file attached anymore. Would you be able to reupload it?

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

reuploading attached workflow

Labels