Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to capture run status of workflow

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I have two problems.

1) I am using a script to trigger my workflow using below command. and it is running fine.

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin>AlteryxService.exe addtoqueue="C:\Users\Admin\Documents\<WorkflowName>",localhost:<Port>,<SecretKey>

I want to perform certain action through my script if workflow fails. Is there a way to know that workflow has failed. does it return something like exit code to the script?

2) I also require to capture run status of the workflow in a oracle table. i.e Status 'Success' is easy to achieve as I can populate the table within the workflow itself with status 'Success'. I am not getting how to put 'Fail' status as if workflow fails it will not update the table either.

Can anyone please help?

Regards

Himanshu

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @hima_shar

There's an option to trigger an event (run command or send an email)

• After run
  • After run with errors
  • After run without errors

To enable this, navigate to the Workflow configuration > Events tab and make sure events are enabled. You can then configure the action you'd like to trigger - this can be anything you can run on a command line so you can run a batch file or another Alteryx workflow depending on an outcome.

An alternative would be the Conditional Runner tool available in the CrEW Macros package.

Screenshot_4.png

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM Thank you for your help. I just tried it. It is working very well.  To update the table with failed status, I have created another workflow which runs from command line if original workflow fails (After run with errors).

Regards

Himanshu

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Brilliant! Glad to hear.

Labels