Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add the workflow name and location to the output

aristiguieta
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know an automatic / easy way to add the workflow name/location to the output tables?

Why do I ask:

As team members learn about all the magic I can run with alteryx, I many times I get asked to run "one-off" workflows that sometimes have required "one-off" updates.

The problem is that I have multiple workflows that use similar data (targeted/processed to address the one-off request) and lately I'm having trouble identifying which of the many similar workflows I need to rerun for these "one-off" updates.

Does anyone know an automatic / easy way to add the workflow name/location to the output tables?

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Absolutely a way! 

In the formula tool, you have the option to create a field that uses one of several constants in your workflow, including Engine.WorkflowDirectory (where your file is saved) and Engine.WorkflowFileName (the name of your file). You can add a formula tool at the end of your workflow and create two fields for these two constants and then output those to your file. See attached for an example :)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

NJ

aristiguieta
8 - Asteroid

it did help, thank you!

:-)

Labels