Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help for a date related column

Kaushik
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have two columns namely company seniority date and Company seniority date2 both fields have null values. I basically want to replace the Nulls in the column company seniority date with the date that's there in the company seniority date2 column. I used the data cleanisng tool to replace nulls with blanks but that's not happening. and then use the If formula IF [Company Seniority Date]="[Null]" THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
IF IsNull( [Company Seniority Date])THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF

That's the trick

Cheers,
Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

1. Is your data have null values or "[Null]" as you have mentioned "[Null]" in your if else expression. please replace it as Null() only.

ex- IF [Company Seniority Date]=null() THEN [Company Seniority Date2] ELSE [Company Seniority Date] ENDIF

2. To replace null with blank you can use formula tool for that field and use this "". This will give you blank fields.

Thanks

Vishwa

Kaushik
7 - Meteor

thank you :)

Labels