Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HTML </br> tag causing address issues

taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I have a doc of html code.  I broke it out by location, address.  Some of the files have an address2 line which are causing this issue, others dont and they are shown as below.

Student Center                            <br/>Albany, GA 31705

Is there a way in alteryx to split this into 2 seperate rows?  maybe with a formula?

What I want ex....

Student Center     

Albany, GA 31705         

thinking something like this............ if </br> then newRow         

Please let me know  

11 REPLIES 11
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
I would filter the records based upon the count of fields. You've got a limited set of information in your sample. I'm just trying to show an approach rather than providing you with an exact workflow. Once you separate the records by content, parse the data and union it back together.

Regex_countmatches() will be useful to count the pipes.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

ponraj 

How about selecting the row that starts with a number? As in an address, rather than a phone (xxx)?  I'm trying to split an address field into an address line and a blank row because there are no tags on this specific row to be able to split like you did above.

Labels