Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

HTML </br> tag causing address issues

taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I have a doc of html code.  I broke it out by location, address.  Some of the files have an address2 line which are causing this issue, others dont and they are shown as below.

Student Center                            <br/>Albany, GA 31705

Is there a way in alteryx to split this into 2 seperate rows?  maybe with a formula?

What I want ex....

Student Center     

Albany, GA 31705         

thinking something like this............ if </br> then newRow         

Please let me know  

11 REPLIES 11
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
Hey @taylorobbins12

Using the regex tool in tokenize mode place <\/br> as the criteria and select split to rows

This will split on line breaks

Neil
taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your quick response! That worked, but not all elements of my HTML have that issue.  I have attached an example of my data with some having address only and other having address and address 2.  In my final output, I am looking to have a table with Location, Address, Address2, City, State, Zipcode, Phone Number.  Please let me know if you can help.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @taylorobbins12

Thanks for the example but this isn't the full HTML....do you have an example of the original HTML that I could use?

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

@LordNeilLord Yes this is all I have.  It would be much easier if there were more tags and i could create a lookup table.  I have pasted my dataset and solution I have come up with so far, but as you can see when there is an address 2, the city,state, zipcode goes on the same line with it.  I am wanting 7 columns location, address, address2(if exisits, else null), city, state, zipcode, phone.  I think the regex tool would be most beneficial for this example but I am new to this tool and learning(as you can tell from all the browse options to see my data).  Please let me know if you come up with something!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

This one has got me properly stumped!

The html is so badly formed that if I implement something to correct a problem it causes a problem elsewhere. I can't seem to get round it without writing conditions for every single line.

I wonder if @MarqueeCrew can solve this

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Because @LordNeilLord asked I've added a quick parse of the html.  I don't quite get the data question, but here's my take on how to read it.

I used my eyes and did replacements.  I saw text followed by spaces and decided to place pipes as replacements.  Then I repeated this until I created something workable.  This might not be the "answer", but it should help.

capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Thanks for giving it a go @MarqueeCrew

You got closer than I did

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

taylorobbins12
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your assistance! That is so very close, except when i add a text to columns with a "|" delimiter, the data doesn't go into a table with the appropriate rows.  Is there a way to concatenate row "Address" and "Address2" into 1 row so they are both in a column "Address" and goes into a DB table correctly?

Also, working to update the "Replace([Concat_Field_1], '""/', '|')" field to keep the location tag because this is filtering it out as well

Labels