Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find changes in database extracts

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

We have an application with a database behind (some thousand records). Each month we receive an extract of the latest data from the database. I would like to see which entries in the database have been updated this month. I would like to count any change to any column as just one change per ID. Optional: If possible I would also like to know with fields have been updated (no details needed, just name the fields with an update).

I have included an example of the data with results I like to see.

Any ideas how to solve this with Alteryx?

6 REPLIES 6
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I think that sorting the data by ID and Reporting month and then using a Multi-Row Formula should be able to get the results you are looking for.

Cheers,

Iain

ivoller
12 - Quasar

This is the sort of thing I meant. You may need to use Record ID tool if you care ordering the data in some other way.

2018-03-16_14-56-19.png

Cheers,

Iain

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi Iain,

thanks for your quick workflow. Your solution is detecting ANY change in the file, although I want to see ONLY changes for the SAME Id.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks, Ulrich

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi Ulrich,

The workflow I posted should have shown changes by Id. Output should be as shown below. Is that not what you see or have I misunderstood the problem?

Cheers,

Iain

2018-03-19_12-45-25.png

ivoller
12 - Quasar
To reduce the output you could summarize by id (group by) and changes (concatenation) and filter by isnull(changes)
ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Iain!

your workflow is working perfectly fine - I directly adapted your soltion into my original file and had an issue in there.

Best regards, Ulrich

Labels