Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find changes in database extracts

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

We have an application with a database behind (some thousand records). Each month we receive an extract of the latest data from the database. I would like to see which entries in the database have been updated this month. I would like to count any change to any column as just one change per ID. Optional: If possible I would also like to know with fields have been updated (no details needed, just name the fields with an update).

I have included an example of the data with results I like to see.

Any ideas how to solve this with Alteryx?

6 REPLIES 6
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I think that sorting the data by ID and Reporting month and then using a Multi-Row Formula should be able to get the results you are looking for.

Cheers,

Iain

ivoller
12 - Quasar

This is the sort of thing I meant. You may need to use Record ID tool if you care ordering the data in some other way.

2018-03-16_14-56-19.png

Cheers,

Iain

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi Iain,

thanks for your quick workflow. Your solution is detecting ANY change in the file, although I want to see ONLY changes for the SAME Id.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks, Ulrich

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi Ulrich,

The workflow I posted should have shown changes by Id. Output should be as shown below. Is that not what you see or have I misunderstood the problem?

Cheers,

Iain

2018-03-19_12-45-25.png

ivoller
12 - Quasar
To reduce the output you could summarize by id (group by) and changes (concatenation) and filter by isnull(changes)
ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Iain!

your workflow is working perfectly fine - I directly adapted your soltion into my original file and had an issue in there.

Best regards, Ulrich

Labels