Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Nearest Rank Question

Brad1
11 - Bolide

For Find Nearest Rank, in the event of a tie, is there a way to force one location to win?  Doesn't matter which one.

Example:

Store      Distance     Rank

StoreA    1.5              1

StoreB     1.5             1

StoreC     2.1             3

Needs to be:

Store      Distance     Rank

StoreA    1.5              1

StoreB     1.5             2

StoreC     2.1             3

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the Multi-Row Tool, configured as follows:

multi-row tool.JPG

Will check to see if Original Rank of row before it is the same, and then will add 1 to the NewRank value... if the Original Ranks are different, it will leave them as-is. Then you'll use a select tool to swap out the original Rank column for the NewRank one. That should do it? Hope that helps!

NJ

gc
9 - Comet

Can you Sort, by distance, then do a Record ID field to get the sequential numbering?

Balders
11 - Bolide

Hi Brad,

You can't do it in the tool itself, but with a sort and then a multi-row formula you can differentiate the rows with same ranks. I've attached an example workflow here. I hope it helps :)

Brad1
11 - Bolide

We never use record IDs here.  I guess because the results are often Client facing.  It's foreign to me because everywhere else - I always used them.  We will be getting in to some self-service apps. etc.  So don't think we can go that way but I appreciate the idea.  Thanks.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Balders,

That's a pretty sweet way to deliver a solution!  I do have my XML View tab set to view.  I guess I could just drop that in but I'm going to try Bolide's solution first - then I'll try yours.  Thanks very much.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Awesome!  Thank you!!!

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Agree this would work.  Thanks!

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Thanks for your help!!!

Labels