Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter and then return more data

summarizer
9 - Comet

Hi Community.  I'm giving a simple fake example here to describe my question.

I am filtering to find which accounts are showing an APPLE purchased (4 accounts).

Then I want to have Alteryx go back and pull ALL purchases made on those specific APPLE accounts so I can join them in with the APPLE ones.

So, with the example below, I should end up with 12 total lines after joining all the lines.

I've tried a join by those account numbers and I'm just getting back the four APPLE lines, so not sure which tool or macro I need instead.  Thanks for the help!

grouping apple.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

the join tool should work. I've attached a working copy from my end.

summarizer
9 - Comet

Thank you.  I see the mistake I was making now in the Join.  Appreciate the help.

summarizer
9 - Comet

Also... while this example worked neatly, my work data is 50 columns and over 50,000 rows and depending on what I join on, I'm either getting too few or way more records than I'm wanting... so I found this link helpful too to help me learn more about Joins.  Thanks again!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-the-Join-Tool-Works-and-Why-You-Might-Be...

Labels