Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter and then return more data

summarizer
9 - Comet

Hi Community.  I'm giving a simple fake example here to describe my question.

I am filtering to find which accounts are showing an APPLE purchased (4 accounts).

Then I want to have Alteryx go back and pull ALL purchases made on those specific APPLE accounts so I can join them in with the APPLE ones.

So, with the example below, I should end up with 12 total lines after joining all the lines.

I've tried a join by those account numbers and I'm just getting back the four APPLE lines, so not sure which tool or macro I need instead.  Thanks for the help!

grouping apple.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

the join tool should work. I've attached a working copy from my end.

summarizer
9 - Comet

Thank you.  I see the mistake I was making now in the Join.  Appreciate the help.

summarizer
9 - Comet

Also... while this example worked neatly, my work data is 50 columns and over 50,000 rows and depending on what I join on, I'm either getting too few or way more records than I'm wanting... so I found this link helpful too to help me learn more about Joins.  Thanks again!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-the-Join-Tool-Works-and-Why-You-Might-Be...

Labels