Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool: Use multiple fields in the body and consolidate all records into 1 email.

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

Hello Peers,

Is there a way I can use multiple fields in the body and then consolidate all this body (which might contain multiple records) into 1 email. This tool is throwing out an email for every row of the output which is overwhelming.

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Can you provide an example/dummy data? I suspect that you can you use the table tool which would combine all your rows and columns into 1 table. That one table would occupy one record and generate only one email. If that's not what you're looking for, the formula tool or report text tool would both be able to combine multiple fields (but you'd still have the multiple emails unless you put it into a table tool or concatenated it into 1 row with the summarize tool).

Hope that helps!

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Great, the table option works. Appreciate it!

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Is there a way I can include or use both 'Use Field' and some text to describe the output? TIA!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can have your table tool feed into a report text tool. You would select Attach text to existing field and select your table field. Then you can type text in the box below that will add text above your table.

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

Hi @patrick_digan,

I'm using the table tool and the layout tool to group multiple records and send as a single e-mail. However, I have multiple headers for each row in the e-mail. How can I keep a single header instead?

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

Nisarg

sean_bolte_dup_544
8 - Asteroid

It sounds like you might have data feeding into individual Tables prior to you bringing them into a Layout. If that's the case, bring the records into a Union prior to feeding them into a Table, and then push them into a Layout - using that as the "Use Field" checkbox for the Body of your email.

Labels