Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic source DB dynamic filtering

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

Hi

I'd like to filter only the data arbitrarily selected by the user using the dynamic source DB select tool.

However, in my workflow, filtering is not possible even if "Update Select with multi - select ListBox" is selected in the action tool.

The ListBox tool uses "List Value" as the External Source.

Can I create a workflow that I want to realize?

Ignore the error of the input data tool.

wa-kuhuro-.PNG

external.PNG

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @yudai_shiraishi

Are you aiming to filter just one field based on user input, or are you trying to create a dynamic process where the filter can be on any field?

Reason for asking is that if you're looking to filter just one field (for example, if you are trying to filter by company and you want the users to select one or more companies), then you can do this with a formula tool and a filter box.

The formula tool goes through each row in the input set and compares it to what was checked, and creates a flag to say "Keep" or "Discard"

The filter then filters on this new field.

If you can create some sample data to go with this flow, and confirm that you're lookign to do a single-field dynamic filter, then we can work with you to mock up a solution.

cheers

Sean

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

Dear SeanAdams

Thank you for your early reply.

What I want to realize is filtering based on only one field.

E, g If you have company name, building name, address data in DB, I would like to filter based on company name.

However, this source DB is a dynamic DB.
In the process before the questioning workflow, yxdb is created every time and displayed in ListBox every time.

Best Regards

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @yudai_shiraishi

Here you go (attached).

if you pop the results of the list box into a formula tool, you can give this its own field - then it's a simple filtering process to check if you should keep that value or not.

I've attached the test data and the workflow - your actual case in real life may be more complex, but this should definately get you going in the right direction.

yudai_shiraishi
7 - Meteor

Dear SeanAdams

I'm sorry to contact you late.

I was able to create a workflow with your advice!

thank you very much!

Best Regards

Labels