Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Read in Multiple Text Files at Once

poles1c
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to read in multiple text files at once using the directory and dynamic input tools.

My Input Data Source Template field is:

\\ecc9000106\qlik_prod8422\Analytics\Log\QlikView_Legacy\Pilot\QDS_Task_Logs\20170529\030300 - FBR_DEV_qvd_BOMWERSCompare\TaskLog.txt

And I am passing the full paths of the files I want read to the Read List of Data Sources Field.

I am getting the below error:

Error: Dynamic Input (42): File not found "\\ecc9000106\qlik_prod8422\Analytics\Log\QlikView_Legacy\Pilot\QDS_Task_Logs\20170529\030300 - FBR_DEV_qvd_BOMWERSCompare\__ecc9000106_qlik_prod8422_Analytics_Log_QlikView_Legacy_Pilot_QDS_Task_Logs_20170529_030300 - FBR_DEV_qvd_BOMWERSCompare_TaskLog.txt.txt"

Will someone help me understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Courtney

5 REPLIES 5
MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@poles1c,

Not 100% on this, but judging by the error message you are inserting an entire file path into the file name. Make sure in the dynamic input you have selected 'Change Entire File Path'.

dyn input.PNG

Hope this helps,

Michael

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@poles1c

The suggestion from @MSalvage should help, however, you may need to evaluate how your replacement file path is being constructed. It looks like all you backslashes “\” are being replaced by underscores “_” somewhere in your process. 

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

As you reading multiples files through Directory then you should read the file from "FullPath" field and action will be " Change Entire Full Path". Please refer as settings below:

pic1.jpg

poles1c
8 - Asteroid

Doh! Of course lol...thanks!

MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@jrgo,

Interestingly enough I think Alteryx is changing the "\" to "_" because you cannot have "\" in a file name.

-MSalvage

Labels