Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input No Table Chosen Error

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to use the Directory input to grab a list of the most recent created date file and then use the dynamic input to grab the correct data. I'm running into the issue where the dynamic input is telling me "No Table Chosen; Please select a Table from the data source". 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

When I select the dynamic input data source template and select the file, and the refresh my data shows up. But running the workflow is does not work. 

Capture2.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
gnans19
11 - Bolide

If the table name is consistent, You have append excel sheet name to file path.

Example: c:/Project/sample.xlsx|||:`Sheet1$`  (Fullpath+"`Sheet1$`

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

I tried to add the file sheet and am still getting an error. 

Capture3.JPG

gnans19
11 - Bolide

@ashleyinman

Excel has it's own syntax for full path + |||+Sheet name.

Example:

C:\Filename.xlsx|||"East$"

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I'm starring this post because I also have trouble using dynamic input in this same type of situation. I gave up and used a work around. @ashleyinman I'll be watching for the solution that works for you. Please share your solution from @gnans19's suggestion if it works. for you.

Thank you!

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

@ddiesel This is the solution that worked for me. In the formula tool I put the below. Name Sheet1$ to the sheet name of your file. 

[FullPath] + "|Sheet1$"

bdeschler
5 - Atom

I was able to get this to work but it looked slightly different than the other suggestions.

In the formula, i appended "|||sheet name" to the full path. 

The formula was FullPath+"|||sheet name"

NickGarafola
5 - Atom

This also worked for me.

For dynamic sheet input (i.e. getting a list of sheet names and then selecting/looping through sheets), the following formula works:

[FullPath]+"|||<List of Sheet Names>"

mocalvo
7 - Meteor

Thank you all!!! This worked for me: 

mocalvo_0-1644939783733.png

Mahmood
7 - Meteor

This worked for me as well.

Labels