Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter

rowada
7 - Meteor

Hi,

in my use-case I have 2 text-inputs - one contains the data and the other one the conditions:
- Input 1 contains the columns Level1, Level2, Level3 and the data.
- Input 2 contains the 2 columns Level-Identifier and Level-Condition.
If e.g. I find as Level_Identifier a 2 then I would like to filter for [Level2] = [Level-Condition].

I think I need a Dynamic Select but I don't know how to create it.
Attached a simple workflow.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rowada,

Thanks for your question! I'm not sure I understand your use case exactly, but I've extended your workflow to do the selection based off of what I understood from your use case. 

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here, I've attached an example workflow which uses the dynamic replace to do a conditional join - this might also be used for your use case. 

If neither of these workflows are what you need, can you give me a bit more information about your use case, specifically what you'd like the output to look like?

Hope you have a great day!

Amelia

rowada
7 - Meteor

Thanks Amelia for the feedback.

It is not really what I was looking for but in my specific case the solution was quite easy - I am dealing with an app where the input comes from interface tools and I can place them directly into the filter-tool replacing the default values.

ROGER

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rowada,

Did you have any questions on how to create this app? Do you have any further questions?

Thanks,

Amelia

rowada
7 - Meteor

Hello Amelia,

regarding that issue everything is clear and building the app was easy.

Thanks for the information.

I will for sure come back with further questions due to the fact that I started writing workflows and macros and apps.

ROGER

Labels