Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Defect] Date/Time specifier %W is working incorrectly in 11.0

Balders
11 - Bolide

Instead of starting the weeks on Mondays, it is starting the week on Saturdays when using the function 'DateTimeFormat'.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Balders,

The date specifiers for week should either start the week on Sunday or Monday

%U This will return the week number, as 00 – 53, with the beginning of weeks as Sunday.
%W This will return the week number, as 00 – 53, with the beginning of weeks as Monday.

https://help.alteryx.com/11.0/index.htm#Reference/DateTimeFunctions.htm

Can you upload a small sample of your data and workflow that is producing this result? 

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Balders
11 - Bolide

Hi Jessica,

I've uploaded an example workflow (& data) with the problem here: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz7na64bIU8fejgtdEZJM2o5bzg?usp=sharing 

and here it is as seen in the final browse:

Browse of week counting.png

Ian

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Balders,

This is a known issue we are tracking.  I'll be able to provide more of an update later this week so I'll reply back here when more information becomes available.  In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Balders,

An update  (version 11.0.5.26351 ) was released this morning that includes a resolution for this issue.  You can download it from downloads.alteryx.com. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Since this issue has been resolved, I'm going to go ahead and move this post over to the Data Preparation & Blending section for greater visibility

Jess Silveri
Labels