Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Datetime approximate match between two sources

coreyho
5 - Atom

Hi alteryx community,

I am trying to match the two data sources based on the vehicle ID and date time.

1. Bookings - These are taxi meter off times

2. Trips - These are the taxi payment transaction times.

At first I thought I could use fuzzy match to do this but found out that fuzzy match works best for string, address etc. and not for date time.

Any suggestions how I could do this?

4 REPLIES 4
bharti_dalal
10 - Fireball

Hi @coreyho,

joining them on vehicle id and datetime will help i guess. i am attaching the solved workflow. see if it helps

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

You could check out this post form last week which has a method you can use to find approximate matches with dates.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Joining-Approximate-Matches/m-p/142850#M2...

Ben

coreyho
5 - Atom

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the post!

Looks like this is the most plausible solution. I am using this method but still working on rest of workflow to get the output I need.

coreyho
5 - Atom

Hi Bharti,

Yes, essentially, we can join on Vehicle ID and datetime but need to first create the multiple datetimes based on method by Ben.

Thanks for your response.

Labels