Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Range in Analytical App

kevinraj127
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, is there a way to select a date range instead of an individual date for an Analytical App under the "Interface" tools? For example, I would like to filter the data for a date range from 12/11/17 - 12/15/17, how can I do this for an analytical app? The "Date" tool under the "Interface" tools only lets you select a single date. Thanks!!

-Kevin

6 REPLIES 6
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hello again @kevinraj127,

No, but you can add a second Date interface tool. It'll allow you to connect multiple "Actions" into a target tool to update another attribute/value.

kevinraj127
7 - Meteor

Thanks @jrgo! This worked, I used one Date interface tool as the "Start Date" and one Date interface tool as the "End Date" and connected to two "Action" tools. I got the output I was looking for, thanks again!!

Nurul_1994
7 - Meteor

Hi I'm doing the same thing as you. I want the system to prompt the user then the user enter the start and end date then the data will show according to the dates selected. I tried but there is no output. I tried to run as analytic app then select the start and end date then the error message pop out says that my end date tool no valid fields were selected.

MadhuraBuchake
7 - Meteor

Hello. I tried the exact same logic of adding another action tool however that didnt work.

MadhuraBuchake_0-1663011837146.png

Did you enter any values in the filter tool? 

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@MadhuraBuchake it's not just another Action tool. You need to add another set of the "Date" and "Action" interface tools that will capture the end date.

If you're still unable to get this to work, I'd recommend submitting a new post/questions to make sure it gets the most visibility. questions on posts that have already been marked as "Solved" will be overlooked by others.

MadhuraBuchake
7 - Meteor

Thanks @jrgo for your response. 

I guess I did not communicate properly earlier. Yes I did use another Date and Action tool to set the 'end date range' However that didnt work.

I will go ahead and post a new question, and hope this gets resolved soon.

MadhuraBuchake_0-1663181042018.png

-Madhura

Labels