Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Parameter - Text Conversion

djoyus1
8 - Asteroid

Scenario:

I would like to pull all the files that contain "YYYY-MM-DD" in the filename from a SFTP folder as controlled by the user using the Date Interface tool.

I tried connecting the DateTime tool after Update Value to convert the user selected date into text for SFTP filename filtering purposes downstream and this doesn't seem to be the right tool since it displays "(No Suitable Input Fields Available)" in the field selection.

3-17-2017 2-48-44 PM.png

Question:

I'm probably overthinking this but what set of tools should I be using to convert the user's date selection into text?

2 REPLIES 2
Garrett
11 - Bolide

The Date interface tool actually outputs the user's selected date as text (in the format "YYYY-MM-DD").  So you can connect it directly to a Filter tool and in your Action treat it as text. Example app attached - easiest to see what is going on if you use "Open Debug" from the Interface Designer window to see how the Actions impact each tool.

djoyus1
8 - Asteroid

I knew I was overthinking it!  And the debug tool explains the concept even further.  Thanks so much!

Labels