cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Looking to grow your skills and business impact? Join us in Anaheim June 4-7 for Inspire 2018! Sign up by year-end for BIG DISCOUNTS. Register now.

Data Stream Out error - ORA01652

Brawlstrogg
Meteoroid

Hi folks,

I've got six tables joining together using IN-DB tools to do so from an Oracle server. However I'm wanting to join these six to some additional data in another database (and I understand that I can't use the IN-DB JOIN to do this as they're separate databases?) - so I'm wanting to Output the data from both sources and join them together before use.

However, when trying to export the six table side I get ORA-01652 error which I believe relates to the size of the temp file. There's nothing I can really do about the size of the temp file and I can't think of any other solutions to join these tables together! 

Even if I did join them together it feels like this error will just appear later down the workflow anyway! 

My only other option is to revert to In/Out tools but then workflows regularly hit 40minute run times... which isn't acceptable.

Any help would be great.

Edit; It's to do with temp file sizes for sure.

B

danrh
Fireball

How big is the "seventh" table(s)? Could you pull that data into Alteryx locally and then use a Data Stream In tool so your join and the bulk of your data stays In-DB in Oracle?  Something like:

image.png

Brawlstrogg
Meteoroid

It's a good option. But further down the workflow it's going to need to come back out to link with data from another database because the IN-DB tools don't accept cross DB Joins. That's where it's still going to fall over and not have enough temp space.