Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab to convert multiple rows into single rows with additional columns

srikant
7 - Meteor

For this input 

NameTeleTxnDate 
John510ABC8/5/2017 
John510DEF8/12/2017 

I need this output 

NameTeleTxnDateTXN_1 Date_1
John510ABC8/5/2017 DEF8/12/2017

5 REPLIES 5
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @srikant

One thing you could try is to concatenate the fields using the Summary tool, then split them using the Text to Columns tool; (see attached).

Caveats

1. You'll need as many Text-to-Column tools as distinct columns of interest (e.g. in this case two: TXN and Date)

2. Your text-to-columns tools will need to allow for as many rows as are possible in your dataset; (e.g. in this case two: ABC and DEF) 

Hope that helps!

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try the attached method... by assigning a RecordID at the beginning, you can use that to create your "Txn_1", "Txn_2" etc. columns.

1. Add RecordID tool

2. Transpose to get Txn & Date column headers into one column

3. Use Formula tool to combine the original headers with RecordID field. (NOTE: If you want them to appear in record order, you'll want to put the RecordID before the header like RecordID+"_"+Name2, as when you Cross-Tab in the next step, it automatically puts your fields in alphanumeric order)

4. Use Crosstab tool (group by Name & Tele) and then use your new Header column for header and Values field for values

Hope that helps!

NJ

srikant
7 - Meteor

i have 11.03 and it says i have to be in the next version. i not this ALTERYX big goof up chasing versions ?

srikant
7 - Meteor

Thanks . JohnJPS you rock 

srikant
7 - Meteor

thank you so much 

Labels