Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating an Interactive Filter

ChristopherFunnell
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

As part of a macro I am working on, I am trying to create a filter that can be filter based on the user's discretion. For example, if it's a set of data with "Months" as a field, I would like to have a drop down box that allows the user to set the filter to a specific month. Would I need to create an app for this or can I embed this within my macro?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Chris,

You can do this with the interface tools.  For an option to select one month, use the Drop Down tool, for multiple options, choose the List Box.  See an example of how to set up the Filter and Actions attached.  The macro is in the yxzp, and  I set it up for both options.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
ChristopherFunnell
6 - Meteoroid

It worked! Thank you very much!

CalDowd98
8 - Asteroid

Hey Scott, this month macro works great !

Is there one for years also ?

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The macro could easily be changed to anything by editing the interface tools inside.  For years, I suggest using a Text Box interface, unless you have a somewhat small set of years to choose from.  

Check out the Interface Training course in the Alteryx Academy.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels