Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating Excel File with Multiple Tabs and Send via Email

ashleyinman
8 - Asteroid

I've created a basic table that will then vertically layout by customer onto an excel sheet with multiple sheets. I would like this excel file then to send 1 email to me with the data. 

Unfortunately it is sending me multiple emails with each email being a different customer with the 1 excel file that has multiple sheets. I'm unsure how to get this to only send one email.

I'm also having difficulty getting the headers on the excel file to show all, it is cutting off some of the words. 

1 REPLY 1
danrh
13 - Pulsar

The Email tool will send one email per record that comes into it.  You need to summarize the data between your Layout tool and your Email tool.  Depending on what data you're using in the Email tool, this could be as easy as using a Summarize tool to count the records.  At this point you only have one record (the count), so only one email gets sent.  If you need the email address or a subject line or something in your Email tool, do a group by in the Summarize tool instead of a count.

For the excel headers, you might want to try looking at the "Paper Size" option in the configuration window for your Render tool.  You'll likely need to play with it for a few minutes to get the formatting you like.

Hope it helps!

Labels