Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating 2 Pivot Tables(different filters) and comparing them to get an total count

SR
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to build the following in altreyx and not sure if it can be done.

I have attached an excel with raw data set and the 2 pivot tables i need and the final outcome.

the goal is from one data set to create 2 pivot tables which are calculated using different set of filters and count distinct on IDs.

in the final comparison , i want to look at both the tables created and count the unique IDs to get overall count. can this be done in this tool?

Thanks

Sr

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @SR! I may be reading your question wrong, but because the criteria of 'Diverse=yes and Hired=Yes' (Table 1) is a subset of just 'Diverse=Yes' (Table 2), could you just add a Filter tool after your input that says 

[Diverse] = "Yes"

then use a Summarize tool to group by ID? Then, you could add a Count Records tool if you wanted to get the count of all the unique ID's.

compare different filters.PNG

SR
8 - Asteroid

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply, you are correct in that diverse = Yes applies as a filter for both tables. However Hired = 'Yes' only apply to table 1. while table 2 has a different filter based on count(candidate id) >1. maybe i need to create 2 flows and join them for the compare of unqiue counts (table 1+ 2).

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@SR My apologies, I did not see the >1 stipulation the first time. See if the attached workflow is what you're looking for.

SR
8 - Asteroid

thank you so much this was perfect.Amazing.

Labels