Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert a Workflow into an App

Astraithious
7 - Meteor

Hello and thank you for reading! 

I have come across some fantastic help here and it's been a while since I've stumped myself while investigating the inner workings of a video game. I figured it is a good enough example some semi complex data for a project and wanted to break it down into what parts the documentation says it is. The catch is it is not a csv file but basically a text file, one I am not familar with, lua. I was able to open and view in notepad++ to see markups and it opens in notepad to.

Example: 
{5176, 2, 0, 1} is stored which means
{Spellid, Ability Essence,  Talent Essence, Required Level} 

This part i think is somewhat easy as it is always ( W, X, Y , Z) so values with "," between them. The issue I am having though is how to perform the second part

Example 
{5,{16814,16814,16814,16814,16814},0,1,10,2,762}
{number of ranks, {spellids}, AE cost, TE cost, required level,column, talentId}

This one is the longest length example as they vary from 1-5 so the "string" size is different making my attempt at keeping them in the proper category very difficult.

My attempts thus far mostly have been based around simply copying and pasting to an excel spreadsheet then trying to manipulate from there however they have proven to be somewhat difficult.

I realize that the format is a large issue but I am hoping there is some method that could be used to make this process easier. I am not certain if there is some way to convert files like this easily without copy and paste but my idea was that I could somehow manipulate the data in alteryx to essentially pick out the strings based on their size so it would start with the smallest and go up from there.

It might not even be possible but I figured it was worth a shot to ask as there are many of these kinds of files with interesting data that I would love to be able to easily reference. Any input you might have on my odd question would be great! Thank you for reading

The attached file is .txt but if you rename to .lua you can open in notepad++ to see the markups, it's an unsual type to try and pull apart thats for sure!

Thank you for reading

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Astraithious Perhaps the attached will get you started. I've got all the sample data into a table like format without headings.  It involved some ugly multi-row formula tools....

Astraithious
7 - Meteor

That is actually quite impressive! I hadn't thought that it could be done like this, it is a fantastic start! I appreciate the time you took, I had no idea these kinds of formulas would work here

Labels