Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Runner Macro Question

cesarsantti
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a question of how to do the following:

I have a workflow that generates an excel file, let's call it TEST.xlsx(which gets overwritten every time the workflow runs - once per day/5 days a week). I also have the C.R.E.W macro "Conditional Runner" in the same workflow that should run only if it receives some data (This tool executes another workflow).

image.png

I want the TEST.xlsx to be generated first, and ONLY AFTER the file is done updating, run the conditional runner tool, which checks if there's data present, if there is, the MACRO calls a different workflow that uses the SAME TEST.xlsx file to generate a text file in another folder.

Right now, it doesn't work when I run it the first time, but only after I run it the second time.

I believe it's because the conditional runner is being executed before the TEST.xlsx file is overwritten with the new daily data.

Am I missing something??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!!

Cesar,

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar
cesarsantti
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, this solved my problem. This is what it looks like now :)

image.png

PeterGoldey
11 - Bolide

Also wanted to mention, in general, that at Inspire 17, when speaking with Adam (who authored the CReW macros), about a similar order of operations item, he stated:  Tool placement order makes a difference (even though maybe it shouldn't).  

What he was saying is that despite how you've connected the tools, if you placed a tool first (dragged it onto the canvas first) that can actually have an impact on how things fire off.

So, if you run into an issue that seems illogical / hard to resolve, check the ToolId numbers and if they are out of sequence consider rebuilding your job in order.

Labels