Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combine outputs from several workflows

Awill39
7 - Meteor

Hello,

New to Alteryx and not sure if I am posting this in the right area. I have created a module to create a powerpoint and an excel file using information pulled from a Teradata Query. At the moment, I am running a different Macro for each year and then combining the outputs at the end. I am trying to figure out how I can combine the outputs from the different macros, and have them all run at once. I think that I would need to use the output macro tool, but I'm not sure how to Join the outputs afterwards.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Awill39,

Thanks for your question! I would like to help but need a bit of clarification. Are you writing out to powerpoint or Excel in the macro itself or after the macro?

1. If you are writing out in the macro, I would instead write the output after the macro. To combine the outputs for each year, you can use a 'Union' tool and then an 'Output' tool (or 'Render' if you are writing to powerpoint). 

2. If you are using the same macro for each year's worth of data, you could consider turning this into a batch macro. This would allow you to send all of the years worth of data into a single macro and it would go through year by year and union the results at the end. (This would have the same effect as #1, just a different way of doing the same thing.)

Did I understand your problem correctly?

Thanks!

Amelia

Awill39
7 - Meteor

Good morning, 

So, the module is creating an excel file and a powerpoint file. For presentation purposes, I am breaking it down by year. So right now, I am running a module for 2012, then a different one for 2013, 2014, and so on. I would like them all to run together, and to combine the slides that each is producing. Sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Thanks!

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Awill39,

That makes sense. In that case, the suggestions I gave before stand. You can create a batch macro or you can union the results and then create the ppt. To create the report (chart, table, etc) separate for each year, select the 'Year' field in the 'Group By' setting of the charting tool. Here is an article which details how to use the grouping function in the 'Chart' tool. 

Hope this helps!

Amelia

Labels