Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing Time Format

MadeInHB
8 - Asteroid

I was given an Excel spreadsheet with call metrics.  When this report is run, the time fields display in MM:SS (ex. 4:53).  When it is exported, Excel changes it to a time format. 04:53:00 AM.  When I bring the the spreadsheet into Alteryx, 04:53:00 is shown.  Is there a formula or way to get this into a HH:MM:SS view to show 00:04:53 to represent being on the phone for four minutes and fifty three seconds?

3 REPLIES 3
kevinbird15
9 - Comet

Hey Rick, 

I took a shot at this one and I have it converting.  I am attaching the workflow that I did below so let me know if this is what you were wanting to do.  

Thanks, 

Kevin

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Alteryx treats Times as strings (`HH: MM: SS`) so the easiest way is to use a formula tool with string functions to make a new time:

Left('00:' + [Time], 8)

Attached as a simple demo

sberja
5 - Atom

hi,

i need help in converting the timezone into a different one so i inserted a formula to combine the date and time but it has removed the AM/PM and the combined date and time doesn't reflect in military time. It just combined the date and time but the time is not reflecting as the correct one. 02:50:45 PM only shows as 02:50:45 so that makes it 02:50 AM. 

if someone could also show me how to convert the date and time? 

Labels