Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch output multipe Excel files Naming issues.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Does anyone have an example of a batch macro where the Path and File Name can be identified as a string to be replaced and have each Excel file drop into the same folder (or different folders) with different names?  I'm defining MyPath and MyFile in the Text Input along with MyList.  Update values are set to replace string MyPath and MyFile in Formula tool.  Not having issues with MyList.  I end up with one file in the wrong folder (same folder as the workflow) and it's named "MyPathMyFile_2017-08-17.xlsx".  Obviously, it's overwriting the same file.  I want to be able to change the Path and the File Name.  Each File Name will be different based on the List.  The Path may not change per job (so it's the same all the way down in the Text Input) but it would be nice to let people drop their files where they want.  Can anyone see what's wrong or can anyone put an example out there for me to download?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Batch.jpgMacro.jpgOutput.jpg

1 REPLY 1
MichaelF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Brad1

Your setup looks like it should be working. Make sure your Action Tools are set to replace the specific string of MyPath and MyFile (do not include the quotation marks. You want to keep the quotes in the Formula Tool so the strings come in as strings and not variables).

However, you're error seems to be pointing to your Input Tool in your macro. When you run the overarching workflow, click the Runtime tab and check "Show All Macro Messages" and you'll be able to see the exact error messages within your macro while you run your workflow. 

Cheers,

Mike

Labels