Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch filter to spit out multiple workstream

Wangwn
7 - Meteor

I have a transaction dataset by country (maybe include 20 countries) as Summarize can easily aggregate the country info. Instead of manually throwing in a bunch of filters to spit out one workstream per country, is there any way to combine the Summarize result with Macro to produce subset data per country?

5 REPLIES 5
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can use a field in the data to cause the output tool to write to different files:

2016-08-10_22-21-06.jpg

Not sure if this would be enough for what you need. 

Wangwn
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your quick reply! Although I meant the downstream workstream in Alteryx for further data manuipulation, not for output file. For example I want to to desgin different workstreams based on the existing country value from the source data, in case I have 20 countries, I may need to plug in 20 filters then move along. Is that possible to perform this task as a batch?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If all twenty have different workflows am not sure that a batch would help you. If they are all the same then yes a batch macro would work.

One other set of tools to look at is the CReW macros. The List runner macro would let you run different workflows for each. You could use the output tool to drop a yxmd input for each workflow you need to run. Afterwards a dynamic input would let you read all the results and aggregrate.

As I dont have much details fairly generic solution for you am afraid,

Wangwn
7 - Meteor

Thank you a bunch!

AliKat
8 - Asteroid

Actually, I was looking for something similar. I have a tile field, and I was wondering if there is a way to separate out the different tiles into different streams, without having to daisy chain a bunch of filters together. In other words, at the moment, all I know how to do would be to drop a filter that says Tile=1, then from the False output then put a filter that says Tile=2, and then off that false output, another filter that says Tile=3, and so on until you get to all the possible values. Is there a way to divide a flow, with only one tool, into components based on that tile field? Maybe not!

Labels