Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automating New Months

LincolnMike
8 - Asteroid

Hello, this image is what I need, and each month will need to append columns. iin the attached YXMD, I got the results except for the STATUS column AND I will need to manually add calculations for each new month and change the sort order.  Anyone have a better idea to offer?

Capture5.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@LincolnMike This should do the trick.  You may need to adjust the Compare field depending on how you want to handle nulls.  You may also want to add a different Date field to crosstab so that the months are ordered chronologically.  Otherwise, this seems to accomplish the task.  Let me know if you have any questions.

TableTotalsCompare.PNG

LincolnMike
8 - Asteroid

Hi John, thanks for the quick response.  there is a problem in the formula If [accept] = Y then 1...there are counts of 2 in some of the Y response.  This makes the output a little off.

Capture11.JPG 

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Good catch.  Replace 1 with [count] in the formula and you should be good.

IF [accept] = 'Y' THEN [count] ELSE 0 ENDIF

I also noticed that what you're calling YTD is really just a total of the dataset (2017 & 2018) so I had done the same. If you intend that to be YTD as of run data you will need to incorporate a calculation that partitions year to create YTD values.

LincolnMike
8 - Asteroid

I came to the same conclusion on [count] just a moment ago.  Thanks for your hard work on this.

Is there a way to attach a field name mapping of some sort to ensure the columns are arranged in the correct order?

Like a TextInput tool that just contains the headers and no data?

Capture12.JPG

LincolnMike
8 - Asteroid

Well...this map seemed to work to for field order, at least to appease the people who want this particular layout order:

I created a dummy Text input file with headers and no data, attached a Sample tool to not look at any records, ensured the mapped field names match the workflow, put a union on it, and the data matched up.  Good enough for this month, and it buys me another 30 days to work on  another solution.  I still have to work on the Status, and inserting a dash instead of nulls.Capture33.JPG

Labels