Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assistance with an output

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

This is my first time posting here so thank you in advance for your patience.  I am struggling to figure out how to achieve an output with the input that I've provided below.  You can see a VIN can be listed up to 3 times, but could have 3 different Claim Repair #.  The VIN could also have 3 of the same Claim Repair Codes which would just depend on how/when a dealer submits it.  I am trying to get a total price based off the Dealer Payment column.  

For instance - you can see when the Claim Repair # is the same, the Dealer Payment is the same.  I want to add the costs that are not alike and display them on 1 line so the VIN is not repeated 2-3 times.   Also, the Labor OP column I'd like to have split into 3 maximum columns - Labor Code 1, 2, 3

I've uploaded a spreadsheet, Tab 1 is the input that I have, Tab 2 is the output I am hoping the Alteryx Community can help me with!

Thank you all in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for your question!

Attached you'll find a workflow using your input to produce and output which looks like the output included in your Excel sheet. Because the column names differed from input to output, it was not possible for me to achieve the exact result, but the process is correct. 

Hope you have a great day!

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amelia,

Thank you so much for the quick response, and taking the time to help me out.  I have a company version of Alteryx that is a little older than the one you have so I cannot open it.  I have version 10.6.9.21458.

Do you have a way to format it so I can open it?

Thank you!

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

I've updated the attached file and it should now work with your version of Alteryx. 

alalko
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much!

Labels