Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Formula Tool

Ranodip
5 - Atom

Hello All Wonderful people,

I'm very new to this tool and in the phase of self-learning.

I've an excel sheet where I need to insert a new column (Expiration Range) and in that column I need to set a range of number of days.

In Excel I used this formula "=IF(AND(B2>0,B2<30),"0-30",IF(B2<=60,"31-60",IF(B2<=90,"61-90",IF(B2<=120,"91-120",IF(B2<=190,"121-190",IF(B2>190,">190","Null"))))))"

One more thing I wanted to infuse, where if the new Column would change the number 0 to "Completed or "Expired", if the "Overall Status is Completed/Expired.

Column B in my sheet is the number of days, here's a sample shot for ease-

sample.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi,

To add your "Expiration Range" column, add in a formula tool and add the following:

IF [Days To Expiration]>=0 && [Days To Expiration] <=30 Then "0-30"
ElseIF [Days To Expiration]>=31 && [Days To Expiration] <=60 Then "31-60"
ElseIF [Days To Expiration]>=61 && [Days To Expiration] <=90 Then "61-90"
ElseIF [Days To Expiration]>=91 && [Days To Expiration] <=120 Then "91-120"
ElseIF [Days To Expiration]>=121 && [Days To Expiration] <=190 Then "121-190"
ElseIF [Days To Expiration]>190 Then ">190"
Else Null()
Endif

I'm not sure I fully understood your second requirement but I think you were asking to overwrite the expiration range with the overall status?

To do that you can create another forumla which looks like this:

If [Overall Status] = "Completed" || [Overall Status] = "Epxired" Then [Overall Status]
Else [Expriration [Expiration Range]
Endif

Range.PNG

Ranodip
5 - Atom

Sweet! It worked and thanks a ton :)

Labels