Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11 - inputs and outputs to a tool

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In previous versions of Alteryx - every tool on a canvas had one or two little icons on the configuration pane that allowed you to see the input columns with their types; and the output columns and their types.

I can't find this in Alteryx 11 - am I just being ridiculous, or has this been deprecated or moved to a special setting that I have to turn on?

3 REPLIES 3
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @SeanAdams

Are you referring to the view that appears in the configuration window if you click on the wire connecting the tools (either as input or output):

2017-03-31_09-03-00.png

2017-03-31_09-02-18.png

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
With browse everywhere in version 10, it moved to the results view. You will see 2 boxes: data and metadata. Press the metadata to see what you're looking for. If you're looking at input, you'll see input metadata. Otherwise for any anchor it is that set of datas metadata.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you both - @DataBlender and @MarqueeCrew - I guess that there are two ways to figure out the data flowing between two controls - but the capability I was looking for is the metadata tab on the browse anywhere (thank you - I hadn't spotted that!)

Appreciate the assistance!

Labels