Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Dallas Alteryx User Group Community. Once again welcome!
1 - Steven Barsalou, recently moved from the airline industry to the retail industry
2 - Ex Machina (watched on Amazon streaming). Not too bad. Interesting mix of sci-fi, futurism, and romance.
3 - I think the Linear Regression tool best represents me. It's a very powerful tool and tends to factor into a lot of my projects.
1. My name is Charlie and I'm the Lead Analytics Developer at Buxton. We provide analytic insights to the retail, community, healthcare, and private equity industries. Buxton has used Alteryx for about a decade and I've been here 4.5 Years.
2. I finally watched The Big Short and it was good, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped for.
3. Does the Tool Container count? I like the organization, labelling, and ability to deploy tools at just the right time.
Welcome, Charlie! Great to have you as part of the group, and to hear your background with Alteryx! I haven't seen The Big Short yet, but my daughter is looking forward to The BFG. :)
The Tool Container definitely counts, and is one of my favorite features of Alteryx! It is great for a huge workflow, where one click can minimize an entire section. We look forward to seeing you at our next user group meeting!
1.- Ivan and I work in the Construction industry specifically Tools and fastening systems / B2B environment
2.- At a movie theather? that's gotta be Cars (Pixar) I loved it but it was a while back
3.-Formula, I like to find ways to solve problems so this tool helps me with that
Hi, @navaiva! Welcome to the Dallas Alteryx User Group! Your industry sounds fascinating, and I think Alteryx would have some excellent applicability there. My Dad started out as a machinist in the oil well equipment industry, so I look forward to hearing about how your company is using Alteryx!
Cars of course is one of my favorite animated films, and my daughters and I are huge Pixar fans. We just saw Kubo and the Two Strings (produced by Travis Knight) and it is excellent! I highly recommend staying all the way through the credits. :)
The Formula tool is an awesome tool; if you like utilizing formulas, try the Multi-Row Formula tool as well. The more I use it, the more uses I find for it!
1. Industry: Commercial aviation
2. The last movie I went to the theater to watch was Suicide Squad. I should preface by stating that I am in no way a comic buff. I also don't watch comic book based movies for their cinematic/ theatrical merit. All that said, I enjoyed the film. The action scenes were fun, there was an undertone of love and romance, and a healthy splash of Orwellian big brother baked into the theme.
3. I'm too new to have a tool that represents me but I can say that I use the "browse" tool often. I double check everything!