Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome, Dallas Alteryx User Group Members!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Dallas Alteryx User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
Deanna
12 REPLIES 12
stevenbarsalou
5 - Atom

1 - Steven Barsalou, recently moved from the airline industry to the retail industry

2 - Ex Machina (watched on Amazon streaming).  Not too bad.  Interesting mix of sci-fi, futurism, and romance.

3 - I think the Linear Regression tool best represents me.  It's a very powerful tool and tends to factor into a lot of my projects.

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Welcome, Steven!  I have heard Ex Machina is an excellent film, so I definitely have it on my "to watch" list.  :)  Great to have you in the Community User Group!

Deanna
SarahLynn67
5 - Atom

1) Sarah - Retail Grocery

2) Minions - Loved it!!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Welcome, Sarah!  Glad to have you in the group!  I have heard great things about Minions, so I need to see this movie as well.  :)

Deanna

Deanna
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

1. My name is Charlie and I'm the Lead Analytics Developer at Buxton. We provide analytic insights to the retail, community, healthcare, and private equity industries. Buxton has used Alteryx for about a decade and I've been here 4.5 Years. 

2. I finally watched The Big Short and it was good, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped for.

3. Does the Tool Container count? I like the organization, labelling, and ability to deploy tools at just the right time. 

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Welcome, Charlie!  Great to have you as part of the group, and to hear your background with Alteryx!  I haven't seen The Big Short yet, but my daughter is looking forward to The BFG.  :)

The Tool Container definitely counts, and is one of my favorite features of Alteryx!  It is great for a huge workflow, where one click can minimize an entire section.  We look forward to seeing you at our next user group meeting!

Deanna

Deanna
navaiva
5 - Atom
Spoiler

1.- Ivan and I work in the Construction industry specifically Tools and fastening systems / B2B environment

2.- At a movie theather? that's gotta be Cars (Pixar) I loved it but it was a while back

3.-Formula, I like to find ways to solve problems so this tool helps me with that

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, @navaiva!  Welcome to the Dallas Alteryx User Group!  Your industry sounds fascinating, and I think Alteryx would have some excellent applicability there.  My Dad started out as a machinist in the oil well equipment industry, so I look forward to hearing about how your company is using Alteryx!

Cars of course is one of my favorite animated films, and my daughters and I are huge Pixar fans.  We just saw Kubo and the Two Strings (produced by Travis Knight) and it is excellent!  I highly recommend staying all the way through the credits.  :)

The Formula tool is an awesome tool; if you like utilizing formulas, try the Multi-Row Formula tool as well.  The more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Deanna

Deanna
SR
5 - Atom

Hi all:

1. Industry: Commercial aviation

2. The last movie I went to the theater to watch was Suicide Squad. I should preface by stating that I am in no way a comic buff. I also don't watch comic book based movies for their cinematic/ theatrical merit. All that said, I enjoyed the film. The action scenes were fun, there was an undertone of love and romance, and a healthy splash of Orwellian big brother baked into the theme.

3. I'm too new to have a tool that represents me but I can say that I use the "browse" tool often. I double check everything!