Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Save the Date for the August 2023 DFW Alteryx User Group Virtual Meeting!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, DFW user group members!  Save the date for the August user group virtual meeting, which will be Friday, August 18th, from 2:00 to 4:30 p.m.!  This will be a combination July/August meeting, since so many of our members and speakers may have been on vacation during July.  The meeting date also has been moved to mid-month, since some universities begin classes on the 21st, and public schools are starting earlier around the 14th.

With it being a combination meeting, we have extended the time frame to 2.5 hours, allowing us to have more than 2 presenters!  We are excited to welcome Alteryx ACE Chris Lewis, who will present on chained analytic app techniques, and Alteryx ACE Mark Thompson, who will provide a detailed analysis and build of some advanced Weekly Challenges.  Join us for the chance to ask these two talented ACEs questions about the presentations, or just about any Alteryx topic!  Additional speakers will be announced soon as well.

If you may be interested in presenting at this or an upcoming meeting, please reach out to me here on the Community by messaging @Deanna , or email me directly at deanna.sanchez@novageographica.com .  I would be glad to talk with you about being a guest speaker, and we welcome topics such as:

• How Alteryx is being utilized at your company (only non-proprietary data should be shown)
  • "How to" sessions on how to use tools, create macros, build apps, automate reports, etc.
  • Ways that Alteryx has changed the way you work, improved efficiencies, transformed business processes, and more
  • Something cool that you discovered or developed in Alteryx!

Please visit the Events calendar page at this link to RSVP and let us know you are attending by clicking the "Yes" button at the top right:  DFW Alteryx User Group August 2023 Virtual Meeting... - Alteryx Community

In addition, we are planning an in-person meeting within the next few months, and will keep you posted!  Thanks to everyone for making this a Texas-sized user group (we just reached 800 members!), and we look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

@Deanna and the DFW Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

Deanna
4 REPLIES 4
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Maveryx user group members!  Just a reminder to join us for our DFW Alteryx user group virtual meeting tomorrow, Friday, August 18th, from 2:00 to 4:30 p.m. CT!

We welcome back to the DFW stage Alteryx ACE Chris Lewis, who will present on advanced chained analytic app techniques, as well as a new presenter, Alteryx ACE Mark Thompson, who will provide a detailed analysis and build of some advanced Weekly Challenges.  I will follow their presentations with a showcase on how to convert regular Alteryx Reports into batch reports - all by simply using the Reporting tools, and without needing to create a batch macro!

Join us for the chance to ask each of our ACE speakers your questions about the presentations, or just about any Alteryx topic!  Please visit the Events calendar page at this link to RSVP and let us know you are attending by clicking the "Yes" button at the top right:  DFW Alteryx User Group August 2023 Virtual Meeting... - Alteryx Community

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at the virtual meeting!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Farriyajawed
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

Just wondering if these meetings are recorded? If so, Can I please get the link. 

I was present at the meeting but need to go back to one of the formulas in the workflow that were presented. 

thank you!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, @Farriyajawed !  Thank you for reaching out, and the meetings are recorded.  I should be able to post the recording later today, and will post Mark's MultiRow ranking formula as well.  :)

Thank you also for joining the meeting, and hope to see you at the next one!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, fellow user group members!  Thank you to all who joined us for our August virtual meeting last Friday; we had some excellent presentations by ACE Mark Thompson @Watermark and ACE Chris Lewis @cplewis90 !  Mark delivered a deep dive into an advanced Weekly Challenge (#47), building the workflow live, and showing us how an ACE approaches such an intricate workflow.  The weekly challenge can be found at this link:  Challenge #47: Vehicle Identification Number Test - Alteryx Community and to access all weekly challenges, please go to Alteryx Community then click on Learn / Academy / Weekly Challenge.  I highly recommend these weekly challenges; they not only help you learn Alteryx (and you can see the various solutions) but they also may help you prepare for Alteryx certification exams!

Mark provided some great formula expressions as well, and here is the one for the MultiRow Formula ranking expression:

IF [Row-1:Vin ID Position]<17

then [Row-1:Vin ID Position]+1

Else 1 endif

Chris Lewis returned as a guest presenter and showcased a very cool advanced Analytic App / Batch Macro combination which checks and validates incoming data prior to other processes.  He provided an in-depth analysis of each step in the workflow, exploring how the batch macro process works within the interactive app.  Chris also featured how the single batch macro input connector can utilize more than one Control Parameter within the macro; that was pretty cool as well as inspiring!

To view the meeting recording, please visit this link:

Passcode: N$3%E0ef

Thanks to both Mark and Chris for being our featured presenters this month!  Since we had an extended time frame, each presentation could go a little longer, and users could ask lots of questions, which is always good!  I will save the presentation on converting regular reports to batch reports for the next meeting; more information will be posted soon on upcoming in-person meetings, and we look forward to seeing you all at the next one!

@Deanna and the DFW Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

Deanna