Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Santalytics 2020 Competition Won by Our North America Central Alteryx User Group Team!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, DFW Alteryxians!  Great news; the Santalytics 2020 Competition was recently won by one of our North America Central Alteryx User Group Teams!

The NA Central User Group, which is a combined regional group of members from the DFW, Austin, Houston, Chicago, St. Louis, and Twin Cities user groups (from Texas to Minnesota!) met in December and had a very fun and interactive meeting.  We used the breakout room function in Zoom to create 3 teams, and each team built an Analytic App for Santalytics on the fly, from a blank workflow canvas.  The teams used datasets available on the Santalytics competition page at Sample Data Sets and Ideas - Alteryx Community .

The team that I was on, hosted by NA Central leader Jonathan Shertok, chose to build a fun app using the Billboard Top 100 Christmas Carol Dataset.  We decided to build an app that would allow users to choose "the worst Christmas songs" (or "best Christmas songs", depending on the criteria you entered)!  🙂  Well, our team - which included members from our DFW User Group -- WON!!!

Santalytics 2020 - Results and Recap - Alteryx Community

Congratulations to our team members, and awesome work, everyone!

Please see the link to the Santalytics competition here:  Submit your entry here! Official Santalytics Submi... - Page 2 - Alteryx Community .  Our team entry is on page 2.  We were up against excellent competition, including fellow ACE Chris Lews, @cplewis90 and his NA Central team, as well as NA Central team 3 leader Andrew Derbak @ADerbak !  They and their teams built awesome apps as well, and each team had about 20 - 30 minutes to collaborate and build through Zoom.  There were some amazing spatial apps and other fascinating analytics that were also submitted for the competition; please feel free to browse the app submissions and see the cool ways apps can be created!

Now for an important question:  The winner of the Santalytics competition is able to choose a nonprofit organization to receive a donation!  There are two options:  OzHarvest and Integrate Health. OzHarvest works to reduce food waste and eliminate hunger, and is the leading food rescue organization in Australia.  Integrate Health works internationally to end preventable diseases and maternal deaths in Togo.

If you were one of the team members who built the "Christmas Song" app with me, I would like to invite you to vote for which nonprofit you prefer to receive the funds.  I have received Community handles for some of the attendees, but some may have registered through LinkedIn and not with their Community handle, so I am posting here in our DFW page.

Here is a list of the team members who helped with the app build:  Aimee, Austin, Dave, Emily, Eric, Jen, Jujlija, Junwei, @JustinBabbitt , Kaush, Kelly, Kris, L. Scott, @lc_p , Pam, @DALAM20 , Rachel, Raghav @rag-ryx , Rajat, Renu, Scott, @SherylP , Sujana, @tareque , @mkcompton , and others!  Please place your vote either by replying to this thread, or you can email me directly at deanna.sanchez@keyrus.us .

Special thanks to all the team members above who collaborated to build such a fun app; it was a great example of teamwork and collaboration!  Congratulations on the Santalytics win!  (Let's have another app build during a Zoom meeting sometime, and see what we come up with next!)  🙂 

@Deanna 

P. S.  Much gratitude also to Lauren Uyeno @LaurenU and Chris Shernaman @ChrisS , our amazing Alteryx User Group Managers, for making the NA Central and DFW groups possible!

Deanna
1 REPLY 1
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Congratulations to the winning team! I was so pleased to see that User Group representation made it to the top because you guys are awesome! 

I hope to see lots of fun replies to this thread and we can choose a deserving non-profit to donate the prize to.