Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Applies broad knowledge in providing business analytics services to internal clients in a shared services environment. Analyzes external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management. Works on applied analytics initiatives that leverage data mining techniques and statistical analysis to build high quality prediction systems integrated with our programs and products. Produces reports from insights gained from the data in ways that are easily accessible and applicable to business units in the National Service Center and Councils.
- Produce and analyze data requests including membership related statistics and unit level data.
- Mine membership and operations databases and perform statistical analysis to uncover patterns that can be used in predictive models to increase membership or revenue or reduce expenses for the organization.
- Provide support and service to Research and Strategy.
- Provides business analytics services to internal clients in a shared services environment.
- Master’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of seven years of relative work experience.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R and Alteryx, GIS concepts and mapping systems and data visualization tools.
- Proficiency in query languages such as SQL and Python; and applied statistical skills, such as distribution, statistical testing, regression, etc.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to Resume.Exempt@scouting.org . The subject line of the email should state Data Scientist.