Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Job Opportunites for Alteryx Users

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, User Group Members!  Alteryx has given permission for us to post job opportunities on our User Group page in the Community.  We have many talented Alteryx users in the metroplex, and having career opportunities posted here in our user group page would facilitate matching the right Alteryx users to the right jobs.  :)

Please feel free to post job opportunites for Alteryx users by replying to this message; if possible, please include the industry type (retail, consulting, education, etc.), the location in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, the level of Alteryx experience desired, and contact information.  A link to any area job postings listed online would also be useful.

Thanks to each of you for your assistance in helping your fellow Dallas Alteryx User Group members!

Deanna

Deanna
82 REPLIES 82
Pwellen
5 - Atom

Boy Scouts of America is looking for a Data Scientist

Position location: Irving, TX 75038

Job Overview:
Applies broad knowledge in providing business analytics services to internal clients in a shared services environment. Analyzes external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management. Works on applied analytics initiatives that leverage data mining techniques and statistical analysis to build high quality prediction systems integrated with our programs and products. Produces reports from insights gained from the data in ways that are easily accessible and applicable to business units in the National Service Center and Councils. 

Primary Responsibilities:

• Produce and analyze data requests including membership related statistics and unit level data.
  • Mine membership and operations databases and perform statistical analysis to uncover patterns that can be used in predictive models to increase membership or revenue or reduce expenses for the organization.
  • Provide support and service to Research and Strategy.
  • Provides business analytics services to internal clients in a shared services environment.

Qualifications/ Experience:

• Master’s Degree is required.
  • A minimum of seven years of relative work experience.
  • Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R and Alteryx, GIS concepts and mapping systems and data visualization tools.
  • Proficiency in query languages such as SQL and Python; and applied statistical skills, such as distribution, statistical testing, regression, etc.

Compensation:
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.

How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to Resume.Exempt@scouting.org . The subject line of the email should state Data Scientist

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thank you, @Pwellen for posting this job opportunity!

Alteryx user group members, if you have a job opening at your company, or are seeking employment, please feel free to post here in our DFW Alteryx User Group page!  Please also attend our next DFW Alteryx User Group meeting this Thursday, January 31st, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Teknion Data Solutions (please see the invitation post for more information and to RSVP); networking is awesome at our meetings and you may meet your next Alteryx-skilled employee!

@Deanna 

Deanna
rogerhumecky
5 - Atom

I am the VP of Analytics for Texas Mutual in Austin.   We are the leading provider of Workers Comp Insurance in Texas and recognized as one of the top employers to work for in the state!

We have an immediate need for an Alteryx data analyst on my team.   See posting at https://texasmutual.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/texas_mutual_careers/job/Austin-Texas/Senior-Data-An...

In this role you will be helping analysts prepare and explore lots of interesting data sets around insurance, claims, medical billing and other new external data sources.   You will  also have opportunity to develop Tableau skills.

Ideal candidate will have:

• Business Analyst experience using data to answer business questions and supporting business users directly. 
  • SQL skills – ability to write select, update, subqueries, stored procedures, indexes
  • Alteryx experience.  Hands on experience developing workflows in Alteryx to prepare and move data between databases

Other nice to haves:   Tableau Development Experience, Python Dataframe  (pandas) experience.   Spatial data prep experience in Alteryx.

The job is located at our headquarters in Austin (2200 Aldrich St).   Modest relocation assistance is possible.  

sgorre0815
5 - Atom

Thanks fro sending this, i am looking for seriously and let me know if i can send you my resume directly.

Thanks,
Sunil Gorre

dmccandless
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I work on an incredible supply chain team at Dean Foods, and we have a senior analyst position opening up for somebody with experience in Excel, Tableau and Alteryx.

If you don't know much about Dean Foods, we're a Fortune 500 company headquartered at Cityplace Tower in Dallas, TX; despite being Fortune 500, we have a relatively small corporate office, which makes for a flat culture where you might be presenting to the CEO in your first year on the job (as I experienced).

Leadership on this team is excited for work to move from Excel to Tableau/Alteryx.

If you'd like more details, write me at davidwmccandless@gmail.com and/or reach out on LinkedIn.

Thanks!

PS full disclosure: the position is opening up because I'm leaving Dean Foods to work at AT&T. 

dmccandless
8 - Asteroid

Also, unfortunately, at this time Dean Foods isn't pursuing candidates who require visa sponsorship now or in the future.

Sorry :(

dmccandless
8 - Asteroid
scottlove-eSite
5 - Atom

Hi

We are a retail site selection firm looking for a good Alteryx developer/programmer.  www.esiteanalytics.com if you're interested.  We are a 20+ year old company headquartered in Charleston SC and have offices in Dallas, New England and California.  Some experience required and needs to have mastered batch/iterative macros, database management experience is a plus as is a basic GIS knowledge.

My direct email is love@esiteanalytics.com if interested!

craigbeach
6 - Meteoroid

Hello fellow Alteryx users,

We're looking to add a Supply Chain Strategy Analyst to our Supply Chain Analytics team at Interstate Batteries! We're looking for someone with skills in supply chain modeling, Alteryx, and Tableau. Interstate Batteries is a laid back, purpose driven company in Northeast Dallas. There's lots of opportunity to create a name for yourself and expand your skills. I encourage everyone interested to apply! Feel free to reach out on LinkedIn if you have any questions. 

Sincerely,

Craig Beach

Supply Chain Analytics Manager, Interstate Batteries

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1254964542/

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Dallas/Fort Worth User Group Members!  @Betty recently posted this job opportunity on our main page, and I would like to re-post it here as well, for easy access.  Please reach out to Betty if you have any additional questions, and thanks for posting!

@Deanna 

>>>

Hi Everyone,

Patient Care Intervention Center is a social enterprise located in Houston, TX that strikes to improve health outcomes through integrated technology solution and care coordination. We have 2 openings for data analyst position. Please check detailed job description here.

If you are looking to your career into the next level or know someone who might be interested please do not hesitate to reach out!

Deanna