Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Going to Alteryx Inspire? Let us know!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, DFW Alteryx User Group members!  We are getting ready for the amazing Alteryx Inspire conference, June 10 - 14 in Nashville, TN and I wanted to ask a few questions to our members!

• Are any of you presenting, on a panel, or leading an Industry User Group at Inspire?  Let us know, and we would be glad to highlight your upcoming presentation here on our User Group Page!
  • Are any of you going to Inspire, and have been there before?  Please feel free to post your experiences and knowledge here, for others to benefit from (such as, register early for the sessions you want; they sell out fast!).
  • Are any of you attending Inspire for the first time and have questions?  And,
  • Are any of you attending Inspire on your own and would like to meet up with other DFW Alteryx User Group members?  Let the group know and this post may help you collaborate!

Please feel free to reply to this post, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you at Inspire!  Check out the Inspire webpage for more information and to register!

@Deanna 

Deanna
10 REPLIES 10
mattd17
7 - Meteor

This will be my first time going, couldn't do the whole week but I'll be there Monday through Wednesday. It looks like many of the fun events are Wednesday and Thursday nights, is there anything going on Monday and Tuesday nights? Always happy to meet up with DFW folks to hang out and chat as the day winds down.

Also, there's a couple training sessions on Monday that are sold out that I'm hoping open back up. Any tips on keeping an eye out for those would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

rag-ryx
9 - Comet

Good Morning Alter-nation People,

I will be attending Inspire 2019 and look forward to meet you all. 

This is my 2nd Inspire and I can tell you for sure, if this is your first time attending - you will be blown away. It is going to be an amazing experience with lots of learning, fun, cool swag and events. After my first conference, I was sure I am coming back next time.

Few tips from last time - 

1. Come early and leave late - the whole conference is a mix of many events. Make sure you attend as many as you can. Each event has something new to it - learning, fun, networking etc.

2. Arrive early for the Breakout Sessions - they get filled up pretty fast.

3. For the Product Training Sessions - make sure you have everything set up before the session begins, so that you can follow the instructor. Ask questions and learn cool tricks. These sessions are the quickest way to learn how to use different tools in Alteryx.

4. Visit the Solution Center - you can talk to Alteryx Engineers / Experts and get solutions to your specific problems. I found it helpful. To make the most of it - make sure you can show your workflow to them and help them help you. Last time we had an option to make an appointment or just walk in (be prepared for the queue though). 

5. Attend the Grand Prix, Expo and other networking events - You will not believe how much talent and knowledge is there in one big room. Don't miss out on ideas, inspiration and fun.

6. Collect Alteryx Swag (yes I am proud to show my badges), dance a little and may be get featured in conference pictures/videos/interviews.

7. Finally - take the certification exam. Why not? It's free & you will be more prepared. Also, you get to take cool pictures if you pass (see mine). What better way to end the conference!

Hope you find this helpful. I am the only one attending from my company & would love to meet the DFW members.

Please let me know if you need any help or if you have any questions.

Keep Alter-ing lives.

Best,

Raghav

@raghavnargotra

katepolley
Alteryx
Alteryx

A lot of us from the Alteryx's Dallas office will be there!  We look forward to seeing everyone there and welcome any questions that you may have.

rag-ryx
9 - Comet

@mattd17 - 

The Welcome Reception and Expo is on Tuesday evening.

Regarding Monday's training sessions - I am not aware of any way other then checking everyday (or hour if you are eager like me) to see if any slots have been made vacant.

I find the training's very useful & have been checking every day for the last 2 weeks to see if anything opens up. Luckily one session did get an open spot and I was able to register.

So will suggest to keep checking and hopefully something opens up for you. 

Suggestion for @Deanna - 

If there are a lot of interested people from the user group who missed out on reserving spots for the platform training sessions. Maybe we can cover some of the important ones in our UGM meetings after the conference. Would love to share what I learn in the conference.

Best,

Raghav

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Q: Are any of you presenting, on a panel, or leading an Industry User Group at Inspire? Let us know, and we would be glad to highlight your upcoming presentation here on our User Group Page!

A: I'm not presenting, but I plan to take notes and work on something for next year.

Q: Are any of you going to Inspire, and have been there before? Please feel free to post your experiences and knowledge here, for others to benefit from (such as, register early for the sessions you want; they sell out fast!).
A: This is my 5th Inspire and I look forward to it every year. My advice is to do as much as possible and soak up everything you can from this conference. If you have a free minute, there's something going on somewhere that you could jump into. It's also easy to socialize since everyone there has something in common to talk about. Dive in, soak it up, and if you see me: help me think of metaphors that aren't based on swimming. 

Q: Are any of you attending Inspire on your own and would like to meet up with other DFW Alteryx User Group members? Let the group know and this post may help you collaborate!

A: I'm bringing 3 colleagues with me this year, but I'm always happy to meet more Alteryx users. I'm 6'6" and usually stick out of a crowd. If you see me, be sure to say "Hi". 

PS: Don't worry if you can't get into a particular session. A few weeks following the conference, attendees will get an email with access to presentation material from the conference for download.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Also, don't forget to download and install the Inspire 2019 app for your smartphone before you go. They release an app for iPhone and Android each year that has a lot of handy features like schedules and maps. I don't think the 2019 app is released yet, so keep an eye out for it on your app store. 

natalierosehouse
7 - Meteor

A group of us from Hilti are going as well. We are not presenting but excited to hone our skills in some of the classes Monday/Tuesday as well as see other applications of the tool in breakout sessions. 

Billigans
8 - Asteroid

A small group (4 people) from Riveron Consulting will be there; all for the first time. 

Interested in meeting up with the DFW group and learning some of that Alteryx secret sauce. 

Feel free to reach out billy.leigh@riveron.com and I'll get the first round. 

Looking forward to it!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, everyone!  What great replies, and excellent advice from those who have been to Alteryx Inspire before!  I completely agree, there is so much to do and see, and like @CharlieS said, try to soak up as much as possible.  If you miss a session, don't worry, there are many others you can attend (just be sure to get there early).  Charlie, awesome notes on the Alteryx Inspire App and the after conference presentation materials.  :) 

@mattd17 , on Tuesday night there will be the Welcome Reception and Alter.Nation EXPO; both are very fun, and you can network with so many people at each event - plus, the EXPO will have the Solution Center, Partners and Vendors, and lots more!

And @rag-ryx , great info and insight on the many cool things to experience at the conference!  Good tip on the product training (have your laptop set up early), and certifications (love the photo - congratulations)!

Hi, @katepolley and the Dallas Alteryx office staff!  We look forward to seeing you at the conference, and please feel free to post here to schedule meetups - we would love to join you at the User Group Lounge or anywhere else in this HUGE Gaylord Resort!

@natalierosehouse and @Billigans , that is excellent to hear that a group from Hilti and from Riveron Consulting will be there - I think you are going to enjoy this conference a lot, and we would love to hear about your experiences!

I am here at the conference, along with Daniel Carden, one of our busy user group leaders.  It is only Monday, and we are already having a blast in Nashville!  We would like to schedule a lunch meetup for Wednesday, June 12th, for our Dallas / Fort Worth Alteryx User Group members who are here; please join us for lunch if you can, and it would be great to get together as a group!

Wednesday, June 12th

12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.

Lunch area - we are planning on getting a group of tables together, and will post the location (i.e., Northeast corner, etc.)  If we can get Texas flags printed, we may have those up as well!

I also wanted to let you know that I am presenting in two sessions this year, and one of the sessions is at 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, which is the ACEs Got Talent Session!  I may need to leave the lunch early to prep for the session, but I hope to meet up with each of you for lunch before then!  Please feel free to attend the session and vote for the projects you like as well!

The second session is at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, and is called, "Across the Universe:  Advanced Spatial Use Cases in Alteryx".  I will be presenting along with ACE John Hollingsworth on our separate use cases using Spatial Analytics; mine will be focused on Site Selection for Healthcare using the Spatial and Demographic tools.  You are invited to attend that one if you have time also!

In addition, I am co-launching the new Public Sector User Group on Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m., with Colleen Hayes and ACE Heather Harris.  If you are interested in this group, please join us for breakfast and a cool presentation by the City of Tallahassee, FL.  To learn more about the Industry User Groups, please see this link and click on Industry / Departmental:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Join-an-Alteryx-User-Group/ct-p/usergroups .  I think there is a breakfast session scheduled for almost all of the Industry User Groups; please click on each one for dates and locations.

Also, for those interested, we can set up a WhatsApp Group so that we can post helpful information on smartphones, using the WhatsApp app.  If you would like to be added to the DFW Alteryx User Group WhatsApp group, please email me at dsanchez@teknionusa.com with your cell phone number, and I can add you to the group.  This can also help everyone with meetups and lunch / dinner plans!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted such useful information about the conference; this is very helpful!  We hope to see you at the lunch meetup on Wednesday, and look forward to sharing Inspire experiences!

@Deanna 

cc:  @TuvyL , @LaurenU , @ChrisS 

Deanna