Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Dallas/Fort Worth Alteryx User Group Meeting, Friday, May 7th!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Dallas / Fort Worth Alteryx User Group Members!  We would like to invite you to our May meeting, which will be Friday, May 7th, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Central time!

This month’s meeting is all about sharing!  How to share workflows, how to share reports, and how to share the knowledge of Alteryx through the upcoming Inspire conference!

Our first speaker will be Jonathan Shertok, Ernst & Young Americas Financial Service Office, Data Scientist & Information Manager, and co-leader of the North America Central Alteryx User Group!  Jonathan will present “How do I share these sick work flows anyways?” (“sick” meaning “cool” in the northern U.S. grammatical sense 😊) which showcases, “Have you ever shared a workflow and forgot to attach all of your dependencies or received the big black question mark when obtaining a workflow from someone else? During this session you will learn best practices for sharing your workflows!”  Jonathan can be found on LinkedIn at this link:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanshertok/

The second half of the meeting will highlight the Reporting Tools in Alteryx, and how to create batch reports.  I will provide a deep dive into the essentials of batch reporting and show methods of sharing batch reports throughout an organization!

An overview of the Alteryx Inspire conference will be featured, with a focus on keynotes, guest speakers, training, agenda and more!  The Alteryx Inspire 2021 Conference is May 18-20, and this year’s conference will be entirely virtual – best of all, it’s FREE!  That’s right - all keynotes, presentations, and more are at no cost, and there’s an amazing lineup of guest speakers:

•            Mark Anderson, CEO, Alteryx
  •            Olivia Duane Adams, Co-founder and CAO, Alteryx
  •            Fareed Zakaria, host of Fareed Zakaria GPS for CNN Worldwide
  •            Dr. Hannah Fry, Associate Professor, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis at University College London
  •            will.i.am, Musical Artist, Producer, Actor and Entrepreneur
  •            Kara Swisher, Journalist, Contributor to the New York Times, and Executive Producer of the Code Conference
  •            Billy Beane, EVP, Baseball Operations, Oakland A’s
  •            Dr. DJ Patil, Former Chief Data Scientist of the United States Office of Science and Technology Policy
  •            And many more! For a full lineup of speakers, please visit Alteryx Inspire Lineup

Visit Alteryx Inspire Home to learn more about this exciting virtual conference!

Please register for the May User Group Meeting using the following Eventbrite link; the Zoom link and further details will be posted in the Eventbrite invitation upon registration:

Dallas/Fort Worth Alteryx User Group May 2021 Meeting Registration, Fri, May 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM | Ev...

If you are interested in being a guest speaker for one of our meetings, please reply to this post, or you can email me at deanna.sanchez@keyrus.us .  Thank you for your membership in the Texas-sized DFW Alteryx User Group with over 500 members!  We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

@Deanna and the Dallas Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

Deanna
7 REPLIES 7
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, fellow Alteryxians!  Just a reminder for the May Dallas / Fort Worth Alteryx User Group meeting tomorrow, Friday, May 7th, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Central time!  Please join us for a meeting on sharing:  Sharing workflows, reports, and love of the Alteryx Inspire conference!  To register, please click on the following link, and we hope to see you at the meeting!

Dallas/Fort Worth Alteryx User Group May 2021 Meeting Registration, Fri, May 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM | Ev...

@Deanna 

Deanna
anoorani
5 - Atom

Hello, I registered for the event, but don't see a Zoom link. The link in the invite takes us back to the EventBrite Registration page.

rag-ryx
9 - Comet

@anoorani  if you registered for the UGM. Then should have received the zoom meeting details in the email (used while registration).

--

Raghav

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thanks, Raghav @rag-ryx !  @anoorani , please let me know if you don't receive an email with the Zoom information, and I can send it to you through Eventbrite.  If any other users have difficulty finding the Zoom link through Eventbrite, please post here and we can assist; thanks and hope to see you at the meeting soon!

@Deanna 

Deanna
harvjul
8 - Asteroid

I see the link, but there is no password.

shertokj
8 - Asteroid

Deanna and the Dallas/Ft-Worth User Group -- thank you for having me today as a guest presenter to showcase best practices for sharing workflows. Please see attached for a copy of the slides leveraged.

Be sure to connect with me on LinkedIn and reach-out if you are ever in the Chicagoland area!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thank you, Jonathan Shertok @shertokj , for being such an excellent guest speaker for our user group meeting!  Your presentation was great, and very helpful in many ways:  I especially liked when you explained how to hack the xml of the workflow .yxmd in order to find the missing macro - that was awesome!  I have changed the version number of my .yxmds many times with that technique (in order to have it match a current or former Designer version number) but had not explored searching for a macro that way.  I am looking forward to trying it!

You also provided useful insights for batch reporting, which went along perfectly with the Reporting presentation.  It was a privilege to have you join us, and you are welcome back any time!

For those users who weren't able to attend the meeting, Jonathan presented a wide range of ways to share workflows, including how to package and share workflows as .yxzp files.  Best practices for folder structure were also highlighted, and Jonathan gave insight into the differences of absolute vs. relative paths.  He also provided beneficial tips and tricks for figuring out next steps when a macro is missing.  Thank you, Jonathan!

I then shared ways of converting a single report into a batch report that creates separate reports based on a field, such as Airline name.  (Hint:  Make sure you have your batch or "grouping" field in each report element or "snippet", such as a Report Map, Table, or Interactive Chart Tool.)  I also showed how to burst reports into a shared directory using a FilePath expression in the Formula tool and grouping on the FilePath in the Reporting Render tool.

A copy of the meeting recording is available here:  https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/KQqEFTlzC3X3ZuvRG3XfelxGafjd6P0Igsx5XDBngDljy1E12MFJdkuoCSOXlyCR.b...

Thanks again to Jonathan for presenting, and to all who attended!  Please stay tuned for the next meeting, which will feature a post-Inspire conference theme.  Reach out to our user group leaders at any time, and let us know what topics you would like to see in the future as well!  Hope you are enjoying the Inspire conference; Day 3 on Thursday will showcase the Alteryx Community and more, and we look forward to seeing you at the virtual conference!  Alteryx Inspire Home

@Deanna and the DFW Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

Deanna