Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Dallas/Fort Worth Alteryx User Group Meeting, Friday, March 29th!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Come and join us at our March Dallas/Fort Worth Alteryx User Group meeting!  This month's meeting with be Friday, March 29th, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., and will be hosted by Accenture at their Las Colinas/Irving office location at this address:

5221 North O'Connor Blvd.

Suite 1400

Irving, TX  75039

For our first presentation, we are happy to feature one of our user group members, Brian Purcell, showcasing the Download Tool.  Brian is a Marketing Analytics Manager at Ingersoll Rand, and has not only been a major volunteer for our Alteryx For Good efforts, but also created a workflow utilizing the Download Tool for our AFG recipient, The Commit Partnership.  (This workflow changed the way they obtain certain data, transitioning from a manual web scraping process to a direct download workflow.)

The next presentation will highlight our expanding Dallas Alteryx office!  Jeff Heselton, Director of Commercial Sales at Alteryx, will present on their growing office in the Frisco/Plano area, introductions to staff, and the upcoming move to their new location in a few months.  Come and meet many of the members of the Dallas office and bring your questions for the Alteryx team!

Please join us in the conference room at the Accenture office; when you arrive, please check in at the front desk.  Refreshments and snacks will be served, and parking will be validated for those who park in the parking garage (please bring your parking stub to the meeting for validation).

To reserve your spot today, please RSVP using the following Eventbrite invitation; seating is limited, and our meetings sell out fast!  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dallasfort-worth-alteryx-user-group-march-meeting-tickets-58682062629 

Thank you to Accenture for generously hosting our user group meeting; for information about Accenture and their innovative analytics, please see their website at https://www.accenture.com/us-en .

If you are interested in being a presenter at one of our user group meetings, please contact me at dsanchez@teknionusa.com ; if you have a use case, workflow process, Alteryx discovery, or just a favorite tool you would like to showcase, we would love to feature you!  User group meetings are great ways to practice your presentation skills in front of a friendly audience (and this includes any upcoming Alteryx Inspire conference presentations you would like to finesse)!

Please feel free to forward this invitation to those who may be interested; we welcome all users, including those who are simply interested in Alteryx.  Join your fellow Alteryx friends for an afternoon of learning and networking!

Get ready for Alteryx Inspire 2019, Nashville, Tennessee, June 10-14!  https://www.alteryx.com/inspire-2019

@Deanna and the Dallas Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

FAQs:

Do I need to bring my Eventbrite ticket to the event?

No, we will have your information on the sign in sheet.

What is the dress code?

Business casual and jeans are just fine!

Deanna
5 REPLIES 5
dmccandless
8 - Asteroid

Deanna, is there any call in option? I'll be out of town :(

BPurcell2
9 - Comet

I enjoyed the opportunity to present last week.  Hopefully, it helped a few better understand this tool and discover new capabilities using Alteryx.

I've attached my material below.  Thanks!

rag-ryx
9 - Comet

Thank you for sharing these, Brian. Will be helpful.

--

Best,

Raghav

bpayne73
6 - Meteoroid

Is there another meeting in April some time? 
Thanks,

Brinton

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Brinton @bpayne73 !  We are currently in the planning process for the April meeting, which will be in Fort Worth.  With the DFW Alteryx User Groups having such a large membership (over 260 on LinkedIn!) we now have the Dallas meetings on the odd-numbered months, and Fort Worth meetings on the even-numbered months.

The April meeting will most likely be near the last two weeks of the month, depending on the venue selected and the dates available.  More information with an Eventbrite invitation will be posted soon here on the Community and on our LinkedIn page.

Fort Worth based user group members, if your company is interested in hosting an upcoming meeting, please reply to this post, or feel free to reach out to me directly at dsanchez@teknionusa.com .  We would require a conference room with a capacity of 50-60, along with A/V connections for a laptop presentation and projector screen.

In addition, we are always looking for presenters, so if you have a presentation on how you are using Alteryx, a cool use case, or even showcasing how to use a specific tool (like Brian's awesome Download Tool presentation a couple of weeks ago), please post here on our DFW Alteryx User Group page, or email me directly at the address above.  We would be happy to feature you as presenter, and/or your company as host!

Thanks again, and hope to see you at the next meeting!

@Deanna 

Deanna