Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Dallas Alteryx User Group Meeting, Friday, January 31st!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Happy New Year, Dallas / Fort Worth Alteryx User Group Members!  You are invited to our kickoff meeting of 2020 on Friday, January 31st, hosted by Slalom Consulting!

The meeting will be from 1:30 to 4:00 p.m. at their location in Addison:

Slalom Dallas

5080 Spectrum Drive

Conference Room 122W

Addison, TX  75001

Please come to meeting room 122W which is on the 1st floor.  Parking is available in the parking garage under the building (the West parking garage area is closer to the conference room).  In addition to providing light snacks and refreshments, Slalom has also generously offered to validate your parking for free, so please bring your parking stub to the meeting (thanks, Slalom!).

For our first meeting of the year, Matt Butler, Solution Architect at Slalom Consulting, will showcase his presentation, "Electric Plan Solution" in Alteryx.  This creative solution uses smart meter data to select the best electric contract.

Our next presentation will feature Charlie Squyers, Lead Analytics Developer at Buxton, presenting a cool use case utilizing the Spatial Tools.  (We will also have a special announcement regarding Charlie at this meeting as well!)

The Dallas Alteryx User Group Leadership Team will then present their annual goals for the new year, and we want to hear from you, our members!  Alteryx user groups are hosted by users, for users, and you are the core of all we do for the DFW Alteryx Community.  Please bring your ideas, questions and topics of what you would like to see for user group meetings and events in 2020!  We will also distribute a survey at the meeting, to gain your valuable feedback and recommendations.

Please RSVP using the following Eventbrite invitation; seating is limited, and our meetings sell out fast (and bring your business cards, because the networking is excellent)!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dallas-alteryx-user-group-january-meeting-tickets-90102506021

Thank you greatly to Slalom for sponsoring; to learn more about Slalom Consulting, please visit their website at https://www.slalom.com/ .  Please feel free to invite others who may be interested in Alteryx, and join us to meet new friends, catch up with fellow Alteryxians, and learn cool new analytics!

@Deanna and the Dallas Alteryx User Group Leadership Team

FAQs:

Do I need to bring my Eventbrite ticket to the event?

No, we will have your information on the sign in sheet.

What is the dress code?

Business casual and jeans are just fine!

Deanna
3 REPLIES 3
CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Always exciting to see our Dallas User Group meeting up! I will be there in spirit, please take lots of photos for me! 🙂 

-- Cat Martinez 

User Group Coordinator

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, everyone!  Just a reminder of our Dallas Alteryx User Group meeting this Friday, January 31st, from 1:30 to 4:00 p.m.!  Please join us at the Slalom location in Addison; the meeting will be on the first floor, in conference room 122W.  As mentioned, parking will be free, so please bring your parking stubs for validation (thank you, Slalom)!  There are a few seats left, so please sign up using the Eventbrite RSVP in the original message above.

We look forward to hearing Matt's presentation on "Electric Plan Solutions", as well as Charlie's showcase of Spatial Analytics, along with the leadership team's goals and group discussion for 2020!

In addition, I will be posting soon about our upcoming February meeting near Fort Worth, which will be Friday, February 28th, and includes a happy hour!  This meeting will be at a special brewery location in Grapevine, so stay tuned for the meeting information!

As with most of our meetings, we have two speakers; currently we have one speaker confirmed for the February meeting, and I would like to ask if any of our members would like to present for the second speaker time frame as well?  Please reply to this post, or contact me directly at dsanchez@prokarma.com if you may be interested in presenting; the topic can be a use case, how to use a specific tool (or set of tools), or simply how Alteryx has changed your company!

Thank you again, and hope to see you on Friday!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Dallas / Fort Worth Alteryx User Group members!  If you are attending the meeting in Addison today at 1:30 p.m., just a reminder to please come to conference room 122W on the first floor, and not to the Slalom offices on the 6th floor.   🙂  Also, please bring your parking ticket stub to be validated for free; thanks, and we look forward to seeing you today!

@Deanna 

Deanna