Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

DFW Alteryx User Group May Meeting, Friday, May 6th!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Dallas / Fort Worth User Group Members!  I would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual user group meeting, which will be Friday, May 6th, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.!

We have an exciting guest speaker lined up for this month’s meeting:  Loy Engelhardt from Trifacta will be presenting a demo of the platform!  Trifacta recently became a part of Alteryx, and it is an impressive cloud-based data engineering product.  You may have heard about its self-service feature engineering capabilities, and we are thrilled to have Loy present to our user group in advance of the Inspire conference.  This will be an extended presentation, with the opportunity to ask questions directly to Trifacta!

For more information about Trifacta and Alteryx, please visit Trifacta | Alteryx

We will also provide an overview of the annual Alteryx Inspire conference:  This year, the event is a hybrid of an in-person conference in Denver, Colorado from May 16 – 19, and a virtual conference.  In my opinion, this is one of the best data analytics conferences out there, with extensive training and numerous sessions such as keynotes, use cases, product announcements and presentations, and much more, including outstanding networking with fellow Alteryxians!  You can view the lineup of speakers and agenda for Inspire at this link:  The Line Up Agenda | Alteryx

With the new Community Events experience, you can sign-up to attend a meeting with a click of a button!  Please visit the “Events” tab at the top of this page (next to “Home” and “Discussion”) then click on the link in the calendar on the 6thDFW Alteryx User Group May Meeting! - Alteryx Community .  Then simply click "Yes" on the top right corner to RSVP to this event.  There is also an easy way to add the event to your own calendar!

If you have not already become a member the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Alteryx Community User Group, please click the Join Group button so you can stay up to date on current and future meetings.  (It’s free to join!) 

For this month and next, we are moving the meetings forward by one week, to adjust for the upcoming Inspire conference and the Memorial Day weekend.  We are happy to announce that we are considering having our first in-person meeting in over two years for the June meeting, and more information will be posted soon!

Please join us at the upcoming May virtual meeting this Friday, and enjoy an afternoon of learning, discussion, and camaraderie!  Hope to see you there!

Deanna
10 REPLIES 10
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, everyone!  I am replying to this post with the hopes that it will re-send to all members of the group; we recently found that some members are not receiving email notifications when items are posted.  Thanks, and hope to see you at the virtual meeting this Friday!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Deb3733
5 - Atom

I had not previously received the post. Thanks!

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for following up, @Deb3733. Could you please confirm if you have received the other posts notifications from the Dallas User Group? Also, if you could kindly check your spam or work email quarantine it would be awesome... we are trying to investigate if we have a bug in the notifications or not.  😉

Flávia Brancato
Deb3733
5 - Atom

It was in my work email quarantine. I have received them in the past with no problem. I released it and marked it as not spam, so hopefully this won't happen in the future. Thanks.

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thank you, @Deb3733 and @FláviaB !  This is very helpful, and will help us research the issue.  Much appreciated, and hope to see you at the meeting on Friday!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Alteryxians!  Great news, we have an additional special guest speaker for our meeting this Friday:  Alteryx ACE and spatial expert John Hollingsworth, GIS Manager at Clear Channel Outdoor, has offered to present a unique exploration of spatial objects to our group!

His presentation, "Thinking Spatially from the Ground Up", will feature John as he takes a deep dive into the SpatialObj data type and how some of the Spatial Tools work.  He will also give a tour of some generic macros he wrote to solve some interesting problems he found on the Alteryx Community.

As a spatial person myself (I love all things GIS and geospatial), I am excited to see John's presentation and learn more from his perspective!

Hope to see you all at the virtual meeting, and please see the post above, or the link on the Events calendar, for the meeting details.  Thanks!

@Deanna 

cc:  @Hollingsworth 

Deanna
KLPenney_USAP
5 - Atom

Is there a Denver get together planned?

jenniphervigil
6 - Meteoroid

I went to this sports bar yesterday and the food was pretty good.

1400 Stout St, Denver, CO 80202

KLPenney_USAP
5 - Atom

Thx, maybe we'll have an in person in DFW again someday.