Coventry-Northampton, UK

Welcome to the Coventry-Northampton User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Web Scraping newbie!

reyres
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!

As a relative new-comer to Alteryx I am exploring some of the capabilities and one thing I would like to know more about is how to use Alteryx for web-scraping. I believe that some of you in this user group already use Alteryx for web-scraping and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to have a chat about it and/or demo what you have done?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ricahrd.

11 REPLIES 11
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @reyres I am also another Alteryx newbie. I recently attended a User Group meeting in California (I'm based there) and the group went over a use case of how the download tool can be used in conjunction with various parsing and regex tools to scrape website data for basketball play states. The presenter shared a macro that retrieves the necessary data and then structures it in a way that he can analyze the data.

Here is the thread which includes the presentation and workflows. Hope this helps!

reyres
7 - Meteor

Thanks to everyone for all your comments, looks like I've got some serious reading-up to be getting on with!