Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

What information does Alteryx collect ?

bb213
8 - Asteroid

I'm running desktop Alteryx with files on my desktop.  Does Alteryx store or look at any of the files that I am using when I run it? For example, if I am running files that contain PII, are Alteryx servers using/reading/seeing/storing the data? 

4 REPLIES 4
david_fetters
11 - Bolide

When we met with our Rep, he showed us the internal alteryx app (always a good sign that Alteryx uses its own technology for data analytics) for our account.  Essentially, if you have your data sharing options turned on, then they can see tool use counts and the number of times a user has pressed the run button.  We were reassured that actual data isn't transmitted.  Someone from Alteryx like @LeahK can join the conversation and reassure you, but we're satisfied that our PII never leaves our network.

That said, when I installed Alteryx on all of our virtual machines, we deployed it with a configuration file that has the usage stats reporting turned off.  Force of habit.

bb213
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, David.  @LeahK, can you chime in? 

Thanks,

Ben

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@bb213

David is correct that we are not gathering anymore information than he mentioned. We have no way to be able to view any of your data.

"if you have your data sharing options turned on, then they can see tool use counts and the number of times a user has pressed the run button.  We were reassured that actual data isn't transmitted."

DanM

bb213
8 - Asteroid

thanks to you both. 

Labels