Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

We want to know: What’s your favorite data joke?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

GOT THOUGHTS.pngFor this week’s Thursday Thought we’re keeping things simple. VERY simple… but more importantly fun!

Question:

What’s your favorite data joke?

30 REPLIES 30
Chrispy
7 - Meteor

This definitely crosses my mind from time to time (found online):

out_liar.jpg

Any number of XKCD comics would work, too:

extrapolating.JPG

https://xkcd.com/605/

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

dt080507.gif

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Bulien

Cristian
9 - Comet
Our data show(s) that we need more data.
Divyansh
8 - Asteroid

Lol

Divyansh
8 - Asteroid

One day there was a fire in a wastebasket in the office of the Dean of Sciences. In rushed a physicist, a chemist, and a statistician. The physicist immediately starts to work on how much energy would have to be removed from the fire to stop the combustion.

The chemist works on which reagent would have to be added to the fire to prevent oxidation. While they are doing this, the statistician is setting fires to all the other wastebaskets in the office.

“What are you doing?” the others demand. The statistician replies, “Well, to solve the problem, you obviously need a larger sample size.”

Divyansh
8 - Asteroid

A statistics major was completely hung over the day of his final exam. It was a true/false test, so he decided to flip a coin for the answers. The statistics professor watched the student the entire two hours as he was flipping the coin … writing the answer … flipping the coin … writing the answer.

At the end of the two hours, everyone else had left the final except for the one student. The professor walks up to his desk and interrupts the student, saying, “Listen, I have seen that you did not study for this statistics test, you didn’t even open the exam. If you are just flipping a coin for your answer, what is taking you so long?” The student replies bitterly (as he is still flipping the coin), “Shhh! I am checking my answers!

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Found this thread just today and couldn't stop myself from sharing this interesting joke!!! Have a good laugh :)

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
Divyansh
8 - Asteroid

data-scientist-valentine-day.gif

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

IMG_5207.JPG

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)