General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Training content

tobyrne
5 - Atom

I am unable to locate most of the sample workflows and training examples. 

What gives? not in the folders the videos say they are...

Is there a way for me to re-download just the Getting Started Training tasks and the tutorial content?

Thanks

(P.S I am not the most proficient with analytics yet, be gentle!)

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tobyrne

Are you referring to the files referred to in the "Getting Started" tasks? The path provided in the examples will vary based on your Alteryx installation directory. The "\Alteryx\Samples\" folder contains all of the workflows in addition to all necessary data.

Tutorial 01 lists "\Alteryx\Samples\SampleData\AddressData.yxdb" as the file location, but this is only the last part of the path. My Alteryx folder is installed at "C:\Program Files\Alteryx" so the complete path to the input file is 

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\SampleData\AddressData.yxdb"

To easily determine your Alteryx installation path, right click on your Alteryx Designer icon and select "Properties". The Target/Start In fields listed will show you the directory where your Alteryx folder is installed. 

Let me know if this helps or if I'm not answering the right question.

KarenHD
5 - Atom

Locate the TutorialData.yxdb file in \Alteryx\Samples\en\SampleData\ and click Open. This file is used throughout the tutorial workflows.

THERE IS NO SUCH FILE in the SampleData folder.  I checked multiple times.  Once I registered my license key the entire tutorial tour was disabled.  ALL the training is based on this TutorialData.yxdb file, where can we get a hold of this file?!  Pretty frustrating when something basic like this isn't even set up properly in the install files.

KarenHD
5 - Atom

Same here!!  Can't locate the main file TutorialData.yxdb - not in the SampleData folder as indicated.

KarenHD
5 - Atom

Solved. I deactivated my license key and used the 14-day trial key instead.  It did a reset and the tutorial tour started to work again.  This time it was able to locate the Tutorialdata file and complete the example.  I thought it would have a walk-through tour for all the functions but it doesn't.  That was just a one-time sample walkthrough.  The rest are example workflows you need to run and then go through each function and result manually.

Ayoade
5 - Atom
it helps
Ayoade
5 - Atom
it helps. Thank you
Labels