Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Presenting an Alteryx Workflow to Executives

nwiseman
7 - Meteor

Hi just curious if anyone has any recommendations/advice on how to present an Alteryx Workflow to executives? They don't need to know all of the details, but they need to know what is going on. Any advice.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@nwiseman,

• What is achieved & impact to organization:
    • Better
      • Quality
      • Volume
    • Faster
    • Repeatable

Use containers and document the workflow with simple TAGs.  Explain how the workflow documents the process and once configured, makes the process repeatable as well as maintainable.  Speak in terms of the business functions and point out tools that are used to get to the desired results.  Demonstrate the ability to browse data through the process, but don't explain each tool along the way.  I like to think about the presentation as someone asking you "What time is it?".  If you explain how the watch is built, you'll lose them.  Give them just enough of a taste so that they ask you questions.

It is important to let them know that not only is this process repeatable, but that it is easier to achieve than the "old" way.  That this improvement is just the start of the journey.  More folks can benefit from the use of Alteryx across the breadth of the organization.  Not only is Alteryx intuitive, but it is also fun.  The business knowledge of the data and the desired outcome, combined with the ability to interact with the data allows greater flexibility in achieving your desired goals.  You can explore the data through the process and uncover a new paradigm that was previously uncharted.

Then explain that if you go to the Inspire18 training conference, you'll be that much better.  Invite them too!  (A shameless plug for a very worthwhile training conference).

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
nwiseman
7 - Meteor

Thanks - have you ever documented the process so someone without Atleryx can review all of the conditions? If so  what method did you use to document?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I will PM you an invite to WebEx to discuss.

Some tools that might be used (depending on need):

PDF

Powerpoint

Word

... 2-week trial of Alteryx is a good choice

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
pushkardps
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to showcase workflows online? Like Tableau has its public gallery?

I noticed there is a gallery here on Alteryx

but it displays the workflow like a black box rather than how we see it on Alteryx.

Labels